In today’s cutthroat online market, businesses cannot afford to overlook the importance of search engine optimisation as an effective marketing tool. However, not all of us are adept at optimisation techniques. This is where SEO services come in. These companies provide services to enhance the site’s internet presence and push up the site’s search engine rankings using SEO techniques. Websites that are designed with heavy graphics, flash dynamics or are written in codes other than the ones based on HTML require specific optimisation procedures to be properly indexed by search engines. Consulting experts at a reputable SEO services provider can help you implement the best and most suitable SEO practices for achieving the maximum benefits.
SEO Services: Top Tactics for Success
Here we will discuss some of the most effective and important SEO tactics, as suggested by experts in the field of SEO services.
- Meta tags: ALthough people rely less on meta tags for the purpose of optimisation, it always pays to provide the title, description, keywords, heading and alternate tags on all the website’s indexable pages. All the meta tags must be unique and relevant to that specific page. Let us take a closer look at the various meta tags.
- Title Tag: Use around five to ten words to create a keyword rich title relevant to the particular page. This is important because many search engines use this copy as a link to your web page in the search results.
- Description Tag: Search engines often use the description tag as the description of your website. Create a compelling description of about 15 to 20 words (170 characters) using the keywords to attract qualified traffic.
- Meta Keyword Tag: List the strategic key phrases and keywords in a maximum of about 744 characters. Use only those keywords that are relevant to that page.
- Heading Tags: These tags are placed at the top of your web page and created using only relevant strategic keywords. However, if not created properly heading tags can look quite unsightly.
- IMG Alt Tags: Also known as image tags, these alt tags contain text that appears when you move the mouse over an image. Use relevant keywords to appropriately describe the image on the web page.
- First sentence of the body text and first words used in sentences are very important: The first sentence of the body and the first words used per sentence are quite important for advanced search engine optimisation. The words in the first sentence have become the most important ones since Google implemented its LSI algorithm.
- H1 and H2 Texts: These texts are very important, as they tell the search engine about the main subject of the content and a ‘table of contents’ for the web content, which needs to be indexed. Make sure the H1 and H2 texts are rich in keywords and reflect the web page’s title tag.
- Same site link texts: The links that connect the different pages of your website, along with all the other links on the site must contain the targeted keywords. Although this may seem excessive, using variations of targeted keywords also helps in linking out to other web pages within your website.
- Same site link URLs: Not only should you use keywords to describe web pages within the site, but also in those URLs that you link to.
- Keyword density: A keyword density of 8 percent is considered excellent for search engine optimisation purposes, without seeming too spammy. However, if your article is about 500 words long, about 40 of these words should contain variations of the keyword you are targeting. If this seems too excessive, reduce the keyword density to 5 percent.
Incorporate these practices while optimising your website for the best results. However, it is advisable that you consult an experienced SEO service to maximise the revenue generated through your site. One such SEO service provider is Greenfields Partners: they can help you make informed decisions regarding optimisation. Contact us to find out more about what expert SEO services can offer your business.